Monday, March 22, 2010

Tuesday, March 23rd

I found this picture in on the internet as I was thinking about the phrase “no man is an island” that comes from John Donne’s Meditation XVII. The idea I get from reading Donne’s meditation is that God created us as an interconnected community. As community we all need support, encouragement, and accountability. Sometimes we need help and sometimes we need to help. And God works through us to accomplish his purposes when we do. I suppose a picture is worth a thousand words though.

Gracious God, may we know and be true community.  Amen.

Pastor Tim

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I am touched by this picture and your words. I am an avid animal rights advocate and an outspoken member of PETA. I have experienced and seen so many images between humans and animals that are not as nearly as kind and helping. I also love humanity and believe in the great need of support, connection, encouragement, and accountability. Through my work with animals I have found immeasurable love and God has shown me that all sentient beings need help, both humans and animals alike. Thank you Pastor Tim. Blessings. "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

    ReplyDelete

If you do not know how to leave a comment, please select "comment as" and then either "Name/URL" and type your name and webpage (if you don't have a webpage you can leave "URL" blank). Or you can select "annonymous" if you would like to omit your name. Once you do that you can type your comment in the box. Thanks.