Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday, March 27th

Hello, my name is Lazarus and I am a recovering sinner.


Because of sin, I died and was buried in a dark and empty tomb. The tomb was sealed by a rock and I was left there alone to rot. I heard the voice of Jesus calling, “Come Out” and I answered “yes” to the Lord and called upon His Name and He saved me. I was born again into the family of God. I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit which began to work within me that I might have life. Awakened by the call of Christ, I staggered to the tomb door.

I emerged from the tomb still wearing the grave clothes of the old man, the old self. Then Christ ordered the small group of people around me to remove those tomb rags. I began to be transformed through the unwrapping of the grave clothes: the rags of pain and distress, sin and separation that had bound me in the tomb.

The family of faith into which I was born loved and accepted me. In that safe surrounding of family, I was able to be honest about my life and confess and work out the hitches and glitches of my transformation. In fact, we were all able to help one another in reaching our goal of being transformed more and more into His likeness. Our small family group has been a blessing to ourselves and others. I am looking forward to the day when we shall all be completely transformed in a twinkling of an eye and we will all be “clothed with …immortality…” and live with Him in His Kingdom completely and forever.

R.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not know how to leave a comment, please select "comment as" and then either "Name/URL" and type your name and webpage (if you don't have a webpage you can leave "URL" blank). Or you can select "annonymous" if you would like to omit your name. Once you do that you can type your comment in the box. Thanks.