Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thursday, April 1st

Who am I?


I am not the person I was and am not yet the person I will be. In view of God’s great mercy, in the presence of God’s great grace, in the community of His great love, I have been transformed. I am made new by the life and death and glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ. I continue to change because God’s love never has, and never does, and never will.

As John – the fisherman, the “son of thunder,” the chronicler of Lazarus’ story, the beloved disciple – writes, “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins…We love because he first loved us.” {1 John 4:10 & 19}

Amen.

Jennifer Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not know how to leave a comment, please select "comment as" and then either "Name/URL" and type your name and webpage (if you don't have a webpage you can leave "URL" blank). Or you can select "annonymous" if you would like to omit your name. Once you do that you can type your comment in the box. Thanks.