Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday, March 20th

I have been in a bad mood lately. I have been short with my loved ones. I have been a bit disconnected. I have not been as joyful as I usually am.


Here is why: I have recognized some grave clothes that I now need to deal with. Lent, this book, well let’s just come out and say it… Jesus has caused me to have to look at my life and as I have done so, I have discovered some things that if I am going to grow into the person God wants me to be, I know I need to change. I have also discovered it isn’t going to be easy to do. In fact, it would be much easier just to avoid.

It’s easy to avoid stuff. I can just pretend that it’s not that important. Or I can pretend that I am too busy. Or I can say it’s not my fault. But when it comes down to it, if I want to heal, if I want to grow, if I want to talk off these particular grave clothes I have to change. Dang.

Here is a paraphrase of a prayer that I heard once. I don’t even know who originally said it. But I like it and it seems a good first step:

Lord, I don’t want to change. I don’t even want to want to change. But Lord, I want to want to want to change and I pray this is enough for you to work with. Amen.

Pastor Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not know how to leave a comment, please select "comment as" and then either "Name/URL" and type your name and webpage (if you don't have a webpage you can leave "URL" blank). Or you can select "annonymous" if you would like to omit your name. Once you do that you can type your comment in the box. Thanks.